What will happen after I sign up?
Here's how it works:
- You sign up for an account and create your listing
- You can update your calendar, prices and confirm your listing is accurate
- When you’re ready, you open your property for bookings (in some instances we’ll need to verify your location before you can start accepting guests)
Our team is here to provide you with advice to get your property up and running, as well as helping you avoid common mistakes.
Will I be able to update my registration details at a later date?
Once you’ve registered with us, you can update your details at any time. For example, if you add a new facility or if you want to tell us more about the area — you can add this information whenever you want to.
What kinds of photos should I upload?
When you sign up we ask you to upload photos of your space. This is because we know our guests love browsing through photos when looking for a place to stay. We recommend that you upload photos that showcase both the inside and the outside of your property. They don’t need to be professional photos — photos with a smartphone will still give your guests a good impression of the space.
When will my property go online?
Once you’ve finished creating your listing, you can open your property for bookings on our site. We may ask you to verify your property before you can start accepting bookings, but you can use this time to get familiar with our extranet and get prepared for your first guests.
What do I get for the commission I pay?
- A powerful, online presence
- At Booking.com we actively market your property page on search engines such as Google, Bing and Yahoo to make sure that it is visible to a global audience, exposing you to the highest possible number of potential bookers.
- Innovative tools and features
- Highly skilled experts are constantly working on the website and mobile apps to keep up with the latest developments in the online world, ensuring that your page is optimised to encourage bookings.
- Instant confirmation
- All bookings made through Booking.com are instantly confirmed so you have no extra steps to take on your side.
- Verified guest reviews
- 24/7 Support
- Our round-the-clock support team is here for you and your guests – in up to 41 languages.
How do I find out how much commission I will pay for bookings?
When you add your property to Booking.com you pay commission for each booking. The commission percentage will be shown at the ‘Agreement’ step of the registration process. At the end of each month, we’ll send you an invoice with the amount of commission owed.
Do I have to confirm all of my bookings?
What happens if a guest cancels?
What happens if a guest does not show up (a no show)?
No show? No problem. You won't pay commission on guests that don't show up – unless you have set up a "no show charge" for your guests.
What happens if my property is damaged by a guest?
Property owners can request damage deposits from guests. Deposits can help cover any potential damage that a guest might cause, providing assurance that your property will be treated respectfully. If anything does go wrong, it can be reported to our team through our misconduct reporting feature.