What will happen after I sign up?
Here's how it works:
- You sign up for an account and create your listing
- You can update your calendar and prices, and confirm that your listing is accurate
- When you’re ready, you open your property for bookings. In some cases we’ll need to verify your location before you can start accepting guests.
Our team is here to provide advice to get your property up and running, and to help you avoid common mistakes.
Will I be able to update my registration details at a later date?
Once you’ve registered with us, you can update your details at any time. For example, if you add a new facility or if you want to tell us more about the area – you can add this information whenever you want to.
What kinds of photos should I upload?
When you sign up, we ask you to upload photos of your space. This is because we know our guests love browsing through photos when looking for a place to stay. We recommend that you upload photos that showcase both the inside and the outside of your property. They don’t need to be professional photos – photos with a smartphone will still give your guests a good impression of the space.
When will my property go online?
Once you finish creating your listing, you can open your property for bookings on our site. We may ask you to verify your property before you can start accepting bookings, but you can use this time to get familiar with the Extranet and prepare for your first guests.
What do I get for the commission I pay?
- A Powerful Online Presence
- At Booking.com we actively market your property page on search engines such as Google, Bing and Yahoo to make sure that it's visible to a global audience, exposing you to the highest possible number of potential bookers.
- Innovative Tools and Features
- Highly skilled experts are constantly working on the website and mobile apps to keep up with the latest developments in the online world, ensuring that your page is optimized to encourage bookings.
- Instant confirmation
- All bookings made through Booking.com are instantly confirmed, so you don't have to take any extra steps on your side.
- Verified guest reviews
- 24/7 Support
- Our round-the-clock support team is here for you and your guests – in up to 41 languages.
How do I find out how much commission I'll pay for bookings?
When you add your property to Booking.com, you pay commission for each booking. The commission percentage will be shown at the "Agreement" step of the registration process. At the end of each month, we’ll send you an invoice with the amount of commission owed.
Do I have to confirm all of my bookings?
What happens if a guest cancels?
What happens if a guest doesn't show up (a no-show)?
No-show? No problem. You won't pay commission for guests who don't show up – unless you've set up a "no-show charge" for your guests.