What will happen after I sign up?
Here's how it works:
- You sign up
- We double check your details
- You get access to your property dashboard
- You can update your calendar, prices and everything else
- When you're ready, set your property live!
After you’ve registered your property, we will review your information to make sure we have everything we need. You’ll then receive an email with login details for your Extranet. This is where you’ll go to update your availability and prices. After that you’ll receive instructions on how to set your property live on Booking.com!
Note: If you signed up but haven’t heard from us yet, don’t worry — we’re still reviewing your information and will be in touch soon.
Will I be able to update my registration details at a later date?
Once you’ve registered with us, you can update your details at any time. For example, if you add a new facility or if you want to tell us more about the area — you can add this information whenever you want to.
What kinds of photos should I upload?
When you sign up we ask you to upload photos of your space. This is because we know our guests love browsing through photos when looking for a place to stay. We recommend that you upload photos that showcase both the inside and the outside of your property. They don’t need to be professional photos — photos with a smartphone will still give your guests a good impression of the space.
When will my property go online?
Once you’re all signed up and we’ve reviewed your information, we’ll send you an email with next steps for getting your property live on Booking.com.
What do I get for the commission I pay?
- A powerful, online presence
- At Booking.com we actively market your property page on search engines such as Google, Bing and Yahoo to make sure that it is visible to a global audience, exposing you to the highest possible number of potential bookers.
- Innovative tools and features
- Highly skilled experts are constantly working on the website and mobile apps to keep up with the latest developments in the online world, ensuring that your page is optimised to encourage bookings.
- Instant confirmation
- All bookings made through Booking.com are instantly confirmed so you have no extra steps to take on your side.
- Verified guest reviews
- A dedicated team verifies guest reviews, making sure they are legitimate. This gives you credibility and helps future guests make the decision to stay with you.
- 24/7 Support
- Our round-the-clock support team is here for you and your guests – in up to 41 languages.
How do I find out how much commission I will pay for bookings?
When you add your property to Booking.com you pay commission for each booking. The commission percentage will be shown at the ‘Agreement’ step of the registration process. At the end of each month, we’ll send you an invoice with the amount of commission owed.
Do I have to confirm all of my bookings?
You don’t need to confirm any of your bookings. When a customer books a stay at your property, it is instantly confirmed online. This gives you the convenience of not having to check every request from every potential guest.
What happens if a guest cancels?
Two things may happen when a guest cancels a reservation. If a guest cancels and your property has a free cancellation policy, the guest pays nothing and you don’t pay commission. If a guest cancels and your property doesn’t have a free cancellation policy, the guest pays a fee, and you pay commission on the amount that the guest pays you.
How do guests pay for their bookings?
Guests will pay you for their bookings when they arrive at your property. We are working on providing more options for accepting payments from guests, so there may be additional choices available by the time you sign up.
What happens if a guest does not show up (a no show)?
No show? No problem. You won't pay commission on guests that don't show up – unless you have set up a "no show charge" for your guests.
What happens if my property is damaged by a guest?
Property owners can request damage deposits from guests. Deposits can help cover any potential damage that a guest might cause, providing assurance that your property will be treated respectfully. If anything does go wrong, it can be reported to our team through our misconduct reporting feature.